The original name for the persistent score box used by Fox on their Major League Baseball, National Football League, and other major league sporting events. In 2001, this was replaced with a strip running across the entire top of the screen, reducing the visible height but preventing the box from obscuring on-camera action. The Fox Box / score strip displays the game's current score, time remaining (if applicable), quarter/inning/period, and any other info as appropriate.


Also a new Saturday morning cartoon block produced by 4Kids Entertainment for Fox network affiliates, consisting almost entirely of children's anime brought from Japan. The cartoons are not fanboy-compliant: they are dubbed into English and stripped of any politically incorrect content.

As of September 14, 2002, the schedule includes Stargate Infinity, Ultraman Tiga, Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy, and Fighting Foodons: Prepare for Battle.

This winter, the Fox Box will include a brand-new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series. Check your local listings for a weekly schedule and new programming announcements.


On the web: http://www.foxbox.tv.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.