Foxwoods Resort and Casino is currently the largest single casino in the world, and with good reason. They'd better be big if they want people to travel to the middle of nowhere! Foxwoods is located on the Mashantucket Pequot reservation, in Ledyard, Connecticut. It is at least 20 minutes away from the highway, and at all hours of the night you can see eager gamblers making their way down the winding country roads that lead to this palace of betting.

I can't say much about the Resort part, though it looks nice. One look at the lobby tells you there's more money coming in from the casino than they know what to do with. If the lobby says anything, I'm sure the hotel rooms are pretty nice too.

As for the casino, well, that's why people really come here. They have a lot of table games, as well as more slots than you could shake a stick at. You can also play poker against other people, or bingo if that's your thing.

The clientele, at least at the table games, is a unique mix of vacationers, college kids, an after work crowd (depending on when you go), Asians, and your run-of-the-mill compulsive gamblers. You will meet nice people, but you'll also meet weirdos so mind your own business most of the time. There are a lot of old people using the slots, too.

Foxwoods is certainly an experience. They have a lot of my money there and I'm going to get it back some day.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.