UPDATE 1/5/05: It was a hoax. A HOAX! Damn this woman! I've been duped!

Yes, on January 4, 2005 she, after her "due date" passed, admitted it was all a hoax. Now read the writeup this duped noder wrote below before this came out. Grr.


Fifty-six-year-old New Yorker Alita St. James set the record for oldest American to give birth to twins on Tuesday, November 9, 2004. Three days later, on her fifty-seventh birthday, the news broke that she already had Guinness competition: Frances Harris, 59, of rural Sylvester, Georgia, was set to give birth to twins in December 21, 2004.

An early Christmas gift for Harris, the twins will certainly have not been planned. She had her tubes tied in 1971 after the birth of her youngest pup. She is the mother of five, grandmother of fourteen, and great grandmother of six! She realized she was pregnant when she began to gain weight and went to see the doctor.

"A lot of things changed about me," she said. "I started craving grapes and apples, things I don't usually crave. By then I was four months pregnant." When the doctor broke the news, the black Georgian found herself speechless.

Frances was only 15 when she gave birth to her first child. Now 44 years will separate her oldest child from her youngest. The twins' were fathered sixty-year-old Raymond Harris, a heavy equipment operator, even though the two have been divorced for many years. But they plan to remarry before the twins are born.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention claim that 263 children were born to women between the ages of 50 and 54 in 2002 and the oldest American believed to have given birth is Californian Arceli Keh, who gave birth to a daughter in 1996 at 63 years old.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.