This is a song by Ween, from the album The Pod.

Generally speaking, this song is enjoyable, but it sounds as though the song itself has gotten high, rather than just its performers and/or its mixer/recorder/whatever. First off, it mentions food a lot, and it makes no sense, and it's kind of mellow but in that slightly disturbing weird way.

Frank,
give me a pork roll egg and cheese,
if you please,
with some gravy fries.
Sink into a greasy mega-weedge and I sneezed
and it blew my mind.

In this song, you hear the mentioning of "pork roll egg and cheese"; this seems to be a theme in this particular album. Much of this song is made up by distorted guitar between the first verse and the second. This sounds slowed down too; that seemed to be Ween's favorite toy at this stage of their musical career.

I do not know who Frank is.

This song is © 1991 by Ween, Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp/Ver Music/Browndog Music/BMI.

The Pod
Next song on this album: Sorry Charlie
CST Approved

Frank is an illustrated adventure (comic book / graphic novel) following the exploits of a blank staring, anthropomorphic cat of the same name, drawn by Jim Woodring. The stories of Frank are drawn completly in black and white and contain no words. Frank goes on lots of life threatening and exciting adventures in a wavy psychedelic world full of beautiful and usually deadly creatures, and almost always while wearing a straight face. Murders, kidnappings , and dangerously powerful yet cute monsters are among some of the daily hazards that Frank faces.

Frank lives in a house with his pet/godling/friend named pupshaw, who looks like a walking doghouse with teeth. In most circumstances, pupshaw ends up saving Frank from his impending destruction by killing, eating, or bribing his assailants.

Of course you may be wondering how one can know the names of all the characters in a story with no words. Mr. Woodring gives a short summary of events in the previous issue in each new issue. Frank is currently published on an irregular basis by Fantagraphics books.

A town in the Crowsnest Pass area of south-western Alberta, Frank is known only for the disaster which took place in 1903 - the Frank Slide. Frank was founded in 1901, as a mining town. It was built at the base of Turtle Mountain, on the Canadian Pacific railway line from Calgary to Cranbrook. Today Highway 3 runs by the scene. You can still see the debris from the Frank Slide, and the interpretive center is worth visiting. Frank is a ghost town, no one actually lives there anymore.

Frank (?), n. [OF. franc.]

A pigsty.

[Obs.]

 

© Webster 1913.


Frank, v. t.

To shut up in a frank or sty; to pen up; hence, to cram; to fatten.

[Obs.]

Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.


Frank, n. Zool.

The common heron; -- so called from its note.

[Prov. Eng.]

 

© Webster 1913.


Frank (?), a. [Compar Franker (?); superl. Frankest.] [F. franc free, frank, L. Francus a Frank, fr. OHG. Franko the name of a Germanic people on the Rhine, who afterward founded the French monarchy; cf. AS. franca javelin, Icel. frakka. Cf. Franc, French, a., Franchise, n.]

1.

Unbounded by restrictions, limitations, etc.; free.

[R.] "It is of frank gift."

Spenser.

2.

Free in uttering one's real sentiments; not reserved; using no disguise; candid; ingenuous; as, a frank nature, conversation, manner, etc.

3.

Liberal; generous; profuse.

[Obs.]

Frank of civilities that cost them nothing. L'Estrange.

4.

Unrestrained; loose; licentious; -- used in a bad sense.

Spenser.

Syn. -- Ingenuous; candid; artless; plain; open; unreserved; undisguised; sincere. See Candid, Ingenuous.

 

© Webster 1913.


Frank (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Franked (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Franking.]

1.

To send by public conveyance free of expense.

Dickens.

2.

To extempt from charge for postage, as a letter, package, or packet, etc.

 

© Webster 1913.


Frank, n. [See Frank, a.]

The privilege of sending letters or other mail matter, free of postage, or without charge; also, the sign, mark, or signature denoting that a letter or other mail matter is to free of postage.

I have said so much, that, if I had not a frank, I must burn my letter and begin again. Cowper.

 

© Webster 1913.


Frank, n. [Cf. F. franc. See Frank, a.]

1. Ethnol.

A member of one of the German tribes that in the fifth century overran and conquered Gaul, and established the kingdom of France.

2.

A native or inhabitant of Western Europe; a European; -- a term used in the Levant.

3.

A French coin. See Franc.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.