A chain restaurant known for its ice cream, as is Howard Johnson's. They do serve actual food as well, but let's face it, nobody goes to Taco Bell for the ice cream and nobody (except jarbabyj) goes to Friendly's for their quesadillas.

The Friendly Ice Cream Corporation is based in Massachusetts, where in 1935 the first Friendly's opened as an "ice cream shoppe". Their flavors now include Forbidden Chocolate and Vienna Mocha Chunk, but they still carry classics like vanilla, rocky road and mint chocolate chip.

SOURCE:http://www.friendlys.com/
(and one visit with the Florida Everythingians)

Friendly's was opened by brothers Curt and Pres Blake, near their Springfield, Massachusetts home in 1935. They had a dream of creating a restaurant that would provide "great food and ice cream, courteous service and reasonable prices" (Prices are getting higher. I can't afford to go as often as I used to). The name Friendly's came about to remind them of their commitment to provide these standards.

They started with just one shop and have grown to have 600 restaurants in at least 17 states.

Friendly's Ice Cream products have found their way into supermarket freezers nationwide. Their ice cream, sherbet and frozen yogurt are made at their plant in Wilbraham, Massachusetts with milk that is delivered daily.

Socially speaking Friendly's has become a place to meet and discuss the day's events, celebrate accomplishments and get together after functions.

Got some extra cash? Wanna run a Friendly's? They currently have franchise opportunities in Florida, Maryland, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C. and Virginia.

Sources: friendlys.com and a cool little pamphlet I got when I had breakfast there this morning.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.