When I used to live in New York, I had a little game I would to play with the police to liven my day up. It goes like this...

I lived in the east village and would choose a bright sunny morning to look for likely prey.

At that time there was lots of unrest between civilians and the cops, due to allegations (not to mention documented instances) of drug dealing, minority beating, and general all-around low life behaviour by the force, so I felt that I was performing a public service.

Once I'd identified my target, usually one of the older, fatter, more generally out of shape officers, I'd carefully position myself - typically out of sight around the corner of a building - AND THEN STRIKE.

As the cop passed by I would quickly snatch his gun from his holster!

Then I'd taunt him Nyahh-nyahh! Got your gun! Nyahh-nyahh GOT YOUR GUN!

Sometimes I'd do a little victory dance, like those football guys do in the endzone.

After a short time I'd carefully return the weapon.

Then we'd have a little laugh together and part company. I'd walk away with a smile because I'd made a new friend.

I miss those days. I live in London now, and the all cops here carry these menacing looking big black truncheons.

I'm not sure if it would be as much fun as it was back home. And do they have a sense of humor like the NYPD?

Fun with cops!, ahh that brings back memories. Back when I was but a young tyke (14 or so) we used to entertain ourselves by playing cops and robbers with the local county boys.

Our (my younger brother and I) best friend lived on a dead end road about a half mile in length with about a dozen houses on one side and five well spaced houses on the other side backed by woods, our fore mentioned friend (who shall be known as Tom from here on out) lived in the fourth house (a few hundred yards or so) on the wooded side.

You see the county police used Fury II's with Mopar 440 magnums and humongous Holly carburetors that could be heard from about a mile away on a hot summer night. So Tom, my brother and I would "camp out" in his back yard and sneak a large aluminum ladder(a 20 footer I think) out of his garage and wait till about two in the morning to sneak out to the street, where we would await the WHOOOOOOO sound of an approaching patrol car. As he turned onto our street (my brother and I lived in a house on the same street just opposite the intersection that started the dead end) we would with our best skulking sneaky look, saunter across the street with ladder in hand (my brother would stay in the bushes), working hard to get caught in the headlights of the patrol car. Whereupon the deputy would immediately trigger his sirens and lights and Tom and I would drop the ladder and run off into the woods with the deputy in chase (this is where my brother would come out and take the ladder quietly back to Tom's garage).

Well this went on every couple of weeks for most of the summer till one night one of the deputies (now that I am older I am sure it was likely always the same officer) started firing off shots with his revolver at what we at that time thought must have been Tom's dog, Charlie.

These days, a much older and wiser man, I am reasonably certain that he was tired of our game and just wanted to scare us into quitting out little game. I am also reasonably certain that(at least after that first time) they always knew who we were and got at least a little kick out of a boring midnight shift.

This was Sooo entertaining to a bunch of young teens.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.