A suburban city in Montgomery County, Maryland. According to their website (www.ci.gaithersburg.md.us), Gaithersburg is "A great place to live, work, learn, and play", although I would beg to differ.

Stuck between commercialized Rockville and the overdeveloped Germantown, growing up in Gathersburg is an experience that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

First off, there is nothing to do. There is no easily accessable Metro stop, and the Metrobus and Ride-On systems are both confusing and complicated to use. Secondly, the school system there is plagued with underachieving kids from low-income families, thus making the prospects of getting a quality education difficult.

I wish that the problems would end when one is old enough to operate a motor vehicle, but unfortunately they do not. Since there is nothing to do in Gaithersburg (see above), traffic is unbearable. There are no jobs in Gaithersburg, and extremely limited access to public transportation, everyone drives to Rockville, Washington, D.C. and even Northern Virginia every morning. This clogs roads, creates pollution, and makes everyone involved very unhappy.

So, to conclude, people who live in Gathersburg don't work, learn, or play there. You'd have to go to a real city to do these things.

Well, at least it has the MarketPro Computer Show and Sale every month. So it isn't that bad.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.