I'm not Turkish, but I play one on E2.

Galatasaray SK is a Turkish football/soccer team, founded November 1, 1905.

Some prejudice shows in the above post, because it doesn't mention the fact that they (Galatasaray) won the UEFA Cup for 1999-2000 (Beating Arsenal), and the UEFA Super Cup for 2000-2001 (Beating Real Madrid), while only mentioning the hooligans. As if other teams don't have problems. The championship victories are a first for a Turkish team, I believe. At least, they were making a big deal about it when I was visiting Paris. I assume the two championships above are like the World Series or the Superbowl. <-- Editor's note: FROM HERE DOWN WAS CUT AND PASTE. I HAVE ASKED FOR A REWRITE -->

Galatasaray is one of the neighborhoods in Beyoglu, the old non-Muslim section of Istanbul. The oldest high school of the country, in the center of the neighborhood, carries the same name, as does a more newly founded university.

Here are some information and “firsts & mosts” of Galatasaray.
The legendary Galatasaray striker Metin Oktay is the first highest goal scorer of Turkish Football League.
The only team which has championships in three different sports in Turkey. 15 football, 4 volleyball and 4 basketball championships.
The first football team of Turkey. (Constantinople Football League) (1905-06).
The first basketball team of Turkey (with Nişantaşı).
In 1987 Galatasaray Sports Club has owned 15 championships in 15 different branches including footbal and volleyball.
The first Turkish champion of Istanbul. (Constantinople Football League)(1908-09).
No loses, no draws, even had no goals in its goal post in 1908-09.
The first winner of The Istanbul Cup.(1940-41)
The first Turkish team joined Champions League.(1993-94)
The only UEFA Cup winner which came from Champions League.
The highest ever scorer Turkish team in Champions League.(58 goals)
The one and only Turkish team played quarter-final in Champions League.(1993-94 and 2000-01)
The one and only Turkish team played semi-final in UEFA Cup.(1999-2000 vs Leeds United)
The one and only UEFA CupWinner Turkish team.(1999-2000)
The one and only UEFA Cup Winner without any loses.
Bologna 1-1 Galatasaray,
Galatasaray 2-1 Bologna,
B.Dortmund 0-2 Galatasaray,
Galatasaray 0-0 B.Dortmund,
R.Mallorca 1-4 Galatasaray,
Galatasaray 2-1 R.Mallorca,
Galatasaray 2-0 Leeds United,
Leeds United 2-2 Galatasaray,
Galatasaray 4-1 Arsenal
The one and only Super Cup Winner Turkish team.(1999-2000)
The best football team of the world in 2000.
1.Galatasaray 311.5
2.Real Madrid 301
3.Boca Juniors
Turkish Football League highest goal record. 105 goals in a season.(1962-63)
Had 7 championships in 10 seasons, in Turkish Football League.
92-93,93-94,96-97,97-98,98-99,99-00,01-02
Hakan Şükür won The Best Scorer Of The World Award(FIFA, 1997).
Had won 13 Turkish Cups.(highest)
Had won 15 Turkish Football League championships. (highest)
Had won 10 Turkish President Cups. (highest)
and much more...
http://www.galatasaray.org is the official website.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.