Galvatron is the reincarnated form of Megatron.

Megatron fought to the death with Optimus Prime in Transformers the Movie. When the Decepticons were retreating in their shuttle (Astrotrain the triple-changer), Starscream--the second in command of the Decepticons, jettisons Megatron into space. It is then that Unicron, the mechanical planet that turns into a giant robot, finds Megatron and rebuilds him as Galvatron.

Galvatron is like his former self in many ways. He still has a giant arm cannon that can shoot mega-laser blasts. But Galvatron transforms into a giant laser cannon, instead of a hand gun like Megatron.

And Galvatron still has all the millitary strategy, ruthlessness, and cunning of Megatron. However, Galvatron is somewhat psychotic, and his tendency to act on his emotions rather than logic has caused many Decepticons defeats to be worse than need be (after all, Megatron knew when to back off).

Oh yeah, Gavatron is also the name of the Predacon leader in the Beast Wars cartoon. But he's nowhere nearly as cool as the real Galatron.

Transforms from laser cannon to robot and back!

DECEPTICON: GALVATRON

FUNCTION: CITY COMMANDER
"My power is everything; defeat is absurd!"

GALVATRON is a cold-hearted robotic villain. Determined to lead the Decepticons. Possesses enough strength to pulverize an Autobot into scrap metal. Unconquerable. Arrogant and compassionless. Plots against his allies, thus weakening his position. In robot mode, he carries a laser that emits chemically-produced, direct-current electricity.

  • Strength: 9
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Speed: 9
  • Endurance: 10
  • Rank: 9
  • Courage: 9
  • Firepower: 9
  • Skill: 10
Transformers Tech Specs


His tech spec indicates that Galvatron was just one more Decepticon wanting to take over Megatron's role, but in the movie, he was Megatron, given a new body by Unicron to destroy the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. At the end of the movie, he was severely burned in the head by Unicron for disobedience and in the TV episodes afterwards had a permanent hint of mental instability. (The episode "Web World" stated this pretty explicitly.) He never had Megatron's ruthlessness or careful schemes, only a brute-force strategy to kill all Autobots and "rule the galaxy" no matter what. It got so cliched it was boring, to be honest.

Galvatron ("galva-" meaning electricity) was actually a measured improvement on Megatron from a combat point of view. Megatron never transformed very often because his gun mode required that he be fired by another Decepticon. Galvatron turned into a large and free-standing laser cannon, and while the toy also became a futuristic handgun, it was never used in the show.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.