Games Day is a massive two-day gaming event, created by Games Workshop, purveyors of fine miniature and role playing games. Since Games Workshop began in the UK, the first Games Day events were held there, and as the American market grew, further events spanned into Baltimore, as well as Chicago and Toronto.

Held during the summer, each Games Day attracts nearly 5,000 gamers, and they are usually held in large convention centers. Showcases of models, new products and gamer model and painting submissions are on display, and contain some of the most incredible and detailedminiatures on the face of the planet.

Of course, the event would not be complete without some games, and so the thousands of patrons line up at tables to play such popular games as Warhammer, Warhammer 40K, Blood Bowl, Lord of the Rings, and more. The tables that players use are designed by Games Workshop employees, and are some of the most spectacular scenery available anywhere. All events are monitored by the Outriders, a self-volunteering group of hardcore players who devote their time to make sure all have a fair and fun time.

Other highlights of Games Day include the Games Workshop store, which contains nearly every single model they produce, as well as Forgeworld products, which are high-detail resin models of Orcs, Space Marines and hundreds more. Also, painting competitions are held every year, with the winners walking away with a Golden Daemon award.

Well-known names of the industry also have keynote speeches, as well as participating in several games with the crowd. Many prizes are awarded to those who can beat these industry veterans in a hard-fought battle, and the fights draw plenty of crowds.

Admission is usually around $20, although you can get a cool Games Day commemorative t-shirt and an admission ticket for $36.00. Another benefit to attending is that for a limited time, each attendee recieves a special Games Day miniature to take home.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.