Oh potato, my potato,
how shall I consume thee?
Mashed potatoes, broccoli butter,
salt and pepper, this is better.
Your true essence, I unfetter

Warm and squidgy mashed potato,
when I squish you with my masher.
I could stare at your for hours--
Piled in high chaotic towers.

Bored with your lunch menu? Put this on your list of potato favorites! This takes about 10 minutes to prepare and is ready in 45 minutes. These puppies can be pre cooked then cooled to room temperature. Wrap them up and refrigerate (but no longer than three days or they will get yucky. Then just pop them in the micro for 5 minutes. Add a little salsa for some zing. Dice any leftover beef, chicken, or fish and add them too and you have an economical and nutritious lunch !

Shopping List

Have On Hand
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Oil
  • Parsley
  • Onion
One Potato, Two Potato, Three Potato Four!
    4 Russet Potatoes
    2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
    1 Small Onion, chopped
    1 (10 Ounce) Package Frozen Chopped Broccoli, thawed and drained
    ½ Cup Ranch Salad dressing
    1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
    2 Tablespoon Dried Parsley, optional
    Salt and Pepper
While the oven preheats to 425ºF, pierce and microwave the potatoes on high for 12 minutes then bake them in the oven another 15 minutes. The insides won't get so dried out. Slice off the tops of the potatoes and scoop out the insides keeping the skins intact. Mash the pulp in a medium bowl.

Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add some butter. Sauté the onion in there for about five minutes then put it in the mixing bowl with the tater innards and toss in the broccoli and salad dressing mixing well.

Brush the potato skins shells with oil.

Spoon the potato mixture into the shell as evenly as you can then baking them on a cookie sheet until heated all the way through, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley; salt and pepper to taste.

Serves 4

Cookin' Express

By rubbing the outsides of the potatoes with oil before baking helps them take up more heat and the potatoes will cook quickly making the skins a nice crispy brown!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.