NOTE: I am not making this up. The URL is http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0274518/, check it for yourself.

A friend of mine found this on IMDb. I was shocked at first, then laughed my eyes out.


Gay Niggers from Outer Space (1992)

Directed by
Morten Lindberg

Genere: Comedy / Short / Sci-Fi

User Rating: ********° 8.5/10 (57 votes)

Credited cast overview:
Julien Garneau-Proulx .... The janitor's son

Runtime: 26
Country: Denmark
Language: English
Color: Black and White


Now, a quick look on the film's title teaches us that this one isn't your usual comedy, sci-fi movie or any other standard flick.
Gay people. Niggers. from Outer Space.

Scrolling down the page we see the user comments. Surprisingly, there is one comment - thereby meaning someone actually watched the film and was interested in it enough to write a review at IMDb.
This someone, a Biscuitbutt81 from Oregon, has written a pretty covering review on this movie. My favorite quote:

The music is amazing as well. "Gay Niggers Eat Pigs and Fly on Penises Made of Ham and Brown Ham, Because They're Gay Niggers" is an Oscar-worthy song. This song plays during the scene when Gay Nigger Jim rapes a toilet and explodes, and unless you're soulless, it will make you cry.

Yup. There goes the chance to bring it home to watch with mom and dad.

Anyway, IMDb provides us with information on the movie's cast. Okay, only one actor, but it's enough. Looking at Julien Garneau-Proulx's page we not only find out that his birth name is no less than Yoland Julien Garneau-Proulx, but that he was born in 1987, which makes him 5 years old in 1992, the year the movie was filmed.
Also in his filmography we see that he'd been acting in several other similiar films, such as Majorettes in Space: Five Gay Tales from France, Gay Bombay, Gay Cuba and When Love Is Gay.

Sounds weird? sick? You said it.

I don't know what to believe - Is this a real film? Was it made up by some folks at IMDb as a joke? Was it secretly inserted into the site by some 313373 h4x0rz?

bah, me got a headache now.


liveforever: Thanks for the information, now I have one answer. However, the question remains, how old was Garneau-Proulx on this film? 5 years, as IMDb suggests?

Gay Niggers from Outer Space is a real film, not an IMDB fiction. I've seen it, and it's pretty damn funny. The plot is a sort of wacky cross between the worst/best that Ed Wood had to offer, and the finest/worst moments of blaxploitation movies. It has to be seen to be believed.

Morten Lindberg, the director, is something of a wannabe Danish Warhol / Liberace hybrid. He has also appeared under the stage name of Master Fatman, presenting himself as a sort of golden oldies musical guru. He used to be very entertaining, but his schtick is getting sort of worn, by now, and he's not done much to renew it, over the past few years.

Gay Niggers from Outer Space, despite its name, is in fact neither homophobic nor racist. Rather, it’s an example of misogyny.

Warning: Spoiler

The plot involves a group of male, homosexual black (humanoid) aliens who come to earth. They immediately, having beamed down, set about vaporising all the females on the planet, country by country, and wherever they do so, the men breakdown, weeping with joy, and embrace the aliens who have liberated them from female oppression. Once their task is complete, the aliens leave earth a utopian paradise where every man loves every other man, where there is no want, no animosity, everyone is happy, and the world is a paradise, completely devoid of women, the cause of all conflict.

Everything about the film is designed to take attention away from its core theme. The name, the sci-fi setting, the plain ridiculousness of it all. It is a REALLY funny film, but its politics are absolutely horrendous. Perfect for guys getting over being dumped (by members of the opposite sex).


toalight has pointed out to me that it might be making light of feminazis. However, I think there far too much feeling in the film for this to be the case. I'm certain the writer/director really believes women are the cause of all unhappiness.

nk adds that Gay Niggers From Outerspace was supposedly filmed in front of a live studio audience and sponsored by a beer company (this information is in the credits).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.