The category of people who fall under the 'Other' category in US population Pie charts of Time and Newsweek.

Essentially classified as those born after 1981 or later. Where the arbitrary definition of Generation X ends.

There are a couple of things I know of them so far:
1. They understand computers better than previous generations do today. IMs and e-mails abound. The biggest group that used to use Napster. Gateway and Dell call them the Internet Generation. Pepsi: Generation NeXT.
2. It's probably the best time to be in college, but the worst time to apply (competition has gotten worse in the last 5 years)
3. More of them are working. AFAIK, I think they have the highest employment rate in their age group to date.
3. Fight Club makes a reheheheallly potent impact among those over 12. (at least until some recent events threw a bucket of cold water on the topic) Maybe they don't have the nuclear fear Gen X-ers did, like Sting's "The Russians".
4. Driving. We think a driver's license and the right to own a car is a guaranteed right of being an American. Isn't it? Cars like Volkswagen are pitching to them (my car is my room)

A Western term for the generation that came after Generation X and the Baby Boomers.

Depending on the definition you use, members of Generation Y are born between 1980 or 1981 to 1995.

Other names for the generation include The Millennial Generation, The Millennials, Generation Why, Gen Yers, The Net Generation, The NewMils, and Thatcher’s Children, a term used in the UK.

The Echo Generation is a term mostly used in Canada and was popularized by David K. Foot and Daniel Stoffman’s book Boom, Bust, and Echo. Since members are usually the children of the Baby Boomers, and they are said to “echo” their parents.

Among business types, the future market for most consumer brands.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.