The Georgian Tradition was created in late 1970 by Lord Scorpio (George "Pat" Patterson), Lady Persephone, and Lady Tanith, who were the "Persephone Coven". The Georgian tradition is similar to the Gardnerian and Alexandrian traditions in that there is a lineage, oaths, and ritual similarities. Much of the beginning of this tradition is openly said to have come from books about Alexandrian practice of Wicca.

The most obvious difference is that the Georgians seem to try to take things light heartedly, probably as to avoid the tendency to take oneself too seriously. This tradition overall has an emphasis on being eclectic, and taking "what works" from wherever you find it. In this way the Georgians blend "traditional" practice and a strong foundation with being flexible.

The Georgians have a base Book of Shadows that every initiate recieves; this BOS has been passed down from Pat, and while they are free to add to it, what they have as a base is constant. Their emphasis is on content over form in doing things.

There does seem to be a note of dissatisfaction within the tradition with how "out there" some of the other traditions can be.


Thanks to the Georgian News for information. To learn more, look at http://www.angelfire.com/wa/georgian/main.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.