A great guitarist/singer, semi-retired. He was the original on-stage replacement for Brian Wilson in the Beach Boys when Our Brian became too rattled to go on tour. Campbell went from there to a solo career, with great hits written by Jimmy Webb, which led to a successful (and above-average) television variety show. From there, he had horrible hits like "Rhinestone Cowboy", indulged in much drinkage and druggage and debauchery, found Jesus (twice, IIRC), and made his way to Branson.

F U N * T R U E F A C T S * A B O U T * G L E N * C A M P B E L L

Glen lives in Phoenix, Arizona, in the Biltmore region. His home is very large -- over 8000 square feet.

Alice Cooper also lives in Phoenix, Arizona.

Glen and Alice are buddies and like to play golf together.

Glen's house has 16 telephone lines. The Wichita Lineman now works full-time for Glen.

Glen has been married four times. His latest wife's name is Kim Campbell. They were married in 1984.

Glen has four kids: Debby, Cal, Shannon, and Ashley.

Glen's first hit song was Turn Around Look At Me, in 1962.

Glen's best loved hit records were written by the master songsmith Jimmy Webb, and included Galveston, Wichita Lineman, and By the Time I Get to Phoenix. "Galveston" was written fifteen years before Glen recorded the song, and he was the first artist to do so.

Editors Note:

Glen Campbell died in Nashville, Tennessee on August 8, 2017 at the age of 81 from Alzheimer's Disease.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.