"You are not alone." - Glenn Beck's most famous words.

Glenn Beck is a conservative radio and tv show host on Fox News. Just to give you a picture of how much of star in the making Beck is, "Barely two months into his job at Fox, his program is a phenomenon: it typically draws about 2.3 million viewers, more than any other cable news host except Bill O’Reilly or Sean Hannity, despite being on at 5 p.m., a slow shift for cable news." (New York Times)

And how he is pulling in audiences is just like a televangelist would. (He openly admits feeling like one) "He preaches against politicians, hosts regular segments titled 'Constitution Under Attack' and 'Economic Apocalypse,' and occasionally breaks into tears (while on television)." One difference that sets Beck apart well is the fact that he believes every single word that comes out of his mouth. While a casual anchor may "read news," Beck is speaking from the heart on issues he truly deems of importance. I'm sure Fox wondered if they should put reigns on this guy in the beginning, but now I'll bet they're giving him the freedom to do whatever he wants, because Fox is making heavy dough on him.

Glenn Beck was born in Mount Vernon, Washington, in 1964. He has performance roots in comedy, and became a disc jockey to "share my opinion in a humorous way." He's a Mormon, or a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. "God stalked me!...He had a giant baptismal rifle," Beck said. "I thwarted him. I led people astray as much as I could, but he kept putting Mormons in my way." Beck joined the LDS church on his journey away from alcoholism.

New Conservative Movement

Beck considers himself "libertarian-leaning." Some have wondered if he will come out with a new political party. Regardless of that, its helping the Republicans currently.

Recently he has really sparked up a new conservative movement. A phone call came into his radio show complaining that no matter what we did as Americans, nothing would change. He said give me a month and he would prove the callelr wrong, and most agree that he did. He started the 9/12 Project as a way to prove We surround them. That citizens dictate to the government what we as a people want, and not the other way around. The 9/12 Project is essentially an outlet for people who feel like they don't have a voice, to join thousands of others who feel the same way. I've personally witnessed the feeling of this grass roots movement in Rexburg.

9 Principles

1. America Is Good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
Honesty “I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider to be the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.” George Washington

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
Marriage/Family “It is in the love of one’s family only that heartfelt happiness is known. By a law of our nature, we cannot be happy without the endearing connections of a family.” Thomas Jefferson

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
Justice “I deem one of the essential principles of our government… equal and exact justice to all men of whatever state or persuasion, religious or political.” Thomas Jefferson

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
Life, Liberty, & The Pursuit of Happiness “Everyone has a natural right to choose that vocation in life which he thinks most likely to give him comfortable subsistence.” Thomas Jefferson

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
Charity “It is not everyone who asketh that deserveth charity; all however, are worth of the inquiry or the deserving may suffer.” George Washington

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
On your right to disagree “In a free and republican government, you cannot restrain the voice of the multitude; every man will speak as he thinks, or more properly without thinking.” George Washington

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
Who works for whom? “I consider the people who constitute a society or a nation as the source of all authority in that nation.” Thomas Jefferson

12 Values

  1. Honesty
  2. Reverence
  3. Hope
  4. Thrift
  5. Humility
  6. Charity
  7. Sincerity
  8. Moderation
  9. Hard Work
  10. Courage
  11. Personal Responsibility
  12. Gratitude

Glenn Beck has ties to Rexburg, Idaho, where he has family and has done charity work. The following news story is a result of the new conservative movement reaching the area.

REXBURG - Around 400 people of all ages showed up to watch Glenn Beck on the silver screen, instead of just watching it at home.

"We don't have a liquidity problem in this country, we have a problem with trust," said Glenn Beck.

That song of truth is why people are gathering behind Beck even here at the Rex Center.

"Our voices do matter, and it does make a difference if we speak up and combine together," said Aros Mackey, who organized the event.

"I've called senators I've talked with congressmen to their offices, and it doesn't seem like anyone's listening," said Melodee Mausetch, a small business owner.

But Glen Beck is changing how people feel.

"Finally somebody is standing up for what this country needs," said Rita Olsen, who supports the cause.

A mosaic of thousands of Americans who agreed to follow the 9 principals and 12 values was created after Beck's call to action. The idea started about a month ago when Beck took a phone call on his radio show, and he decided to prove the caller wrong, that as American 'We are not alone.'

Newsarticle video can be seen here: http://www.kidk.com/news/41239567.html


Sources:

http://www.glennbeck.com/

http://the912project.com/

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/30/business/media/30beck.html

Meetup.com is a website used to find a local gathering to watch Glenn Beck.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.