Back to the Dim Sum metanode

A very light dish, not fat at all unlike most dim sum dishes. You can toss in many variations of filling in it. Kind of like a Chinese taco. Not bad at all. If you like dim sum and want to loose weight, try this. Also, drink tea. It helps with digestion.

Ingredients

Seasoning Cooking
  • Sieve flour and baking powder together onto the table and make a depression in the centre. Put ammonia powder, sugar and lard into the depression, add warm water little by little to mix and dissolve well, poke the flour around into it and knead them well into a soft dough. Cover it with a half wet towel for 20 minutes to raise it.
  • Steam bacon and black mushrooms until cooked and cut theminto pellets; chop dried small shelled shrimps.
  • Heating the pot and pouring 1 tablespoon of oil in, saute onion, discard, put small dried shelled shrimps in to fry for a while. Then put the meat and black mushrooms to fry well then put them aside.
  • Add cooked glutinous rice to lard and the to stir well and season them properly.
  • Sow flour on the table, put the dough of on it, roll it out with a rod, put the glutinous rice mixture on one side of the sheet, roll it outwards, seal the opening to face downwards, place a piece of paper underneath and bake it above boiling water over high heat for 8-10 minutes.
  • Serve it up.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.