A short film, color, 16mm, winner of the 1997 MPAAS Student Film Emmy for Best Drama. Produced 1996 for the Florida State University MFA program. Written and directed as thesis by John Webb. Starring William Maier, Meghan Love, and Dimitri Diatchenko. 24 minutes. Photographed by Kristian Bernier. Filmed in Monticello and Tallahassee, FL and Bainbridge, Georgia over the course of two weeks. Screened in Tacoma, Washington for the Tortured Artists Film Festival; Manhattan for the New York Underground Film Festival; Austin, Texas for the South By Southwest Film Festival; Cannes, France for the 1998 Cannes Film Festival (as part of the Kodak Emerging Filmmaker program). Featured songs by Ride, Cranes, and The Ramones.

Short synopsis:
Sweet-natured Cleitus has more on his mind that your normal, teenage wrestler - namely, a grapefruit-sized goiter on the right side of his neck. When Haley, a popular cheerleader, is forced to go out with him because of a lost wager, Cleitus finds himself torn between his newfound romance, and his vengeful fantasies about the small-minded townfolk who ridicule him.

Now playing on the Atomfilms online film network:
http://www.atomfilms.com/default.asp?film_id=1308

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.