Lyrics from the hit song by Green Day are in bold.

another turning point, a fork stuck in the road

I guess it's better to regret things you have done than things you haven't. For things you haven't done, there's no going back. For things you have done, the regret passes with time.

Squirting cars, running away and jumping in bushes, you might get caught. You might get yelled at. You might get seriously busted. You might hit the ground hard and sprain your ankle. But in the end, it's all worth it.

time grabs you by the wrist and directs you where to go

But sometimes it feels so much better to sit back and let your life do the driving. Sometimes you just have to let go of the wheel to get where you're going.

No more than 11 days left till school starts. Just sit back. Wave on wave.

so make the best of this task and don't ask why
it's not a question but a lesson learned in time

It's not doing what you love, but loving what you do. Sometimes you have to do things that you don't like. You don't know why you're doing them. But you will.

Be happy. Help out. Be cool with yourself. Don't ask why. Nike.

it's something unpredictable but in the end it's right

It's crazy. Who knows how this mess we're all caught up in will turn out. It's life.

You might not know what's coming at you next. But do the right thing anyway. And even though you won't know what's heading your way, you can be pretty sure that everything's going to be alright.

i hope you had the time of your life

Life is a mess. Have fun at it though. You only live once.

If you don't want to enjoy it, it's not going to be enjoyable. If you want to enjoy it, you'll have the most fun you've ever had.

so take the photographs and still frames in your mind hang it on a shelf in good health and in good time

Be cool with your memories. You only get one set of them. You either live with them, or you don't.

It's not really the big stuff that makes up life. It's all the little stuff. Remember the little stuff. Keep the little things.

tattoos and memories and dead skin on trial

Don't look back too much. Look forward, 'cause that's where you're headed.

Hindsight is always 20-20. No need to be agonizing over something you've done. All wounds heal and all regrets temper with time.

for what it's worth, it was worth all the while

And in the end, if you don't find that life was worth it, you can be pretty sure you screwed up somewhere.

Make life worth it. Keep it real. Keep it clean. Keep it simple.

it's something unpredictable but in the end it's right
i hope you had the time of your life

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.