A villain published by DC Comics. Granny Goodness was created by Jack Kirby and first appeared in Mister Miracle #2 in 1971.

The origins of the woman known as Granny Goodness are lost in the past. She now serves the ruler of Apokolips, Darkseid. She is in charge of running a series of "orphanages", institutions where the soldiers that serve Darkseid are trained in slavish obedience. The largest of these orphanages is called the Happiness Home and serves as Granny Goodness's homebase.

Those who live in Granny's care are treated to pain and torture. Only the strongest survives, learning to obey no matter the price. It was into one of these orphanages that the son of Inzya, the leader of New Genesis also called Highfather was sent after he was exchanged for Darkseid's son, Orion in a brokered peace settlement. Inzya's son survived for years before finally escaping to Earth with the help of the New God Metron. The boy, who adopted the name Scott Free, gained the emnity of Granny Goodness for his escape and the two have been implacable foes for many years. Scott Free later adopted the identity of the hero Mister Miracle and married one of Granny Goodness' prize pupils, Barda.

The most elite of Granny Goodness warrior women become members of a group called the Female Furies. Barda is the former leader of the Female Furies. This group of savage warriors is often sent by Granny Goodness on missions.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.