A hearty meal for several, this dish is not for those who are weak of heart or dislike garlic.

  • Trim excess fat and gristle from meat. With a sharp knife, make shallow diagonal cuts at 1 inch intervals in a diamond pattern on both sides of meat.
  • In a mixing bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, basil, thyme and rosemary. Mince or crush two of the garlic cloves and wisk into the mixture until well combined. (mixture will not completely integrate)
  • place meat in a large Ziploc style freezer bag, pour mixture in and seal bag. Shake the bag and massage the mixture into the meat. Place in refrigerator and marinade for 2-24 hours, turning meat over occasionally.
  • Remove meat from bag and discard marinade. Chose one side of the meat, this is our Top. In the top of the meat, at the intersection of each score, use a sharp knife to cut a deep whole to make a pocket. Do not puncture through to the Bottom. Into each of the pockets push a whole clove of garlic. Sprinkle Black pepper over top of meat.
  • Starting with the Bottom, sear both sides of the meat on a grill over high heat. 1 – 2 minutes should do it.
  • If you don’t have a grill, you can sear the meat in a pan. Add a little oil to a hot pan and lay meat in pan. It will sear faster in the pan. Turn meat away from you, so that you don’t splash hot oil all over yourself.
  • Place Meat in a baking pan and cover with aluminum foil. Place on middle rack of a 400F oven and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove cover and cover meat with curly fries or onion rings. Return to oven for 10 minutes.
  • Remove and recover with aluminum foil. Let stand for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
  • Cut in thin strips and serve with curly fries or onion rings, cover both in Rich Cheese Gravy.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.