One of the most fun games on Sega Saturn, made by Treasure. It is a story driven side scrolling brawler that supports 2 players in story mode and 6 players in arena mode. Its control scheme is like a 1-on-1 fighting game, plus buttons to cast spells, block, give your undead warrior commands, and jump north and south. Despite being violent and resembling a mob riot, the characters are often pastel and always lighthearted.

The story is of a god and demon trying to take over the earth, a vengant robot-building wizard trying to dupe both mortal kings and the gods and devils, undead warriors returning to win their grandchildren's war, a contested throne, a princess posing as a knight, a megalomaniacal jester, and an underdog band of good guys, or "Guardian Heroes", to fix everybody's messes.

In the GH world, it's perfectly normal for a rabbit to pose as a fire-breathing plant blob, for bodybuilders to throw sweat at their enemies, for an undead warrior to withstand the force of a hydrogen bomb and get up without a scratch, for a demoness to pose as a king, and for royal families to not even know if they're royal or not.

It's also normal for GH to be the life of any video gaming party. At a New Year's Eve party, my copy of Guardian Heroes with four controllers got more attention than Soul Calibur on Dreamcast. It's that fun.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.