"Electro Muscular Stimulator", a "gym that clips to your hip". Advertised world-wide. This thing sends electric impulses thought the muscles and, according to the commercials, turns you into a walking heap of muscles in no time. It also makes good coffee, fills your tax forms and does all sorts of cool things. Apparently people buy these things...

(Actually, this and similiar devices actually might work if miracles happen, but it sounds that "regular" sports and excercises are a. much more effective per time spent and b. free.)

I don't have any knowledge so this is an useless node, but hey...

They said it "stimulates muscles by electric impulses". Now excuse me, but if it really does work that way, what makes it better than actual working out? Whether muscles stretch by impulses from brain or Gym Form Plus, you should lose energy, get tired and sweaty and all; only difference is whether you do it consciously or not.

So, it would seem to me that unlike what ad gives you impression of, using it is not just lying on couch and watching fat shrink, it's lying on couch and feeling as if you were jumping up and down, with muscles hurting like hell and god knows what (no, I haven't worked out, but so they say). That the ad mentioned that the technology's original use was to prevent athletes' muscles from slacking while they heal from broken bones or something.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.