Happy Noodle Boy is Johnny the Homicidal Maniac's brainchild. He draws HNB strips when he's not out killing people. Happy Noodle Boy has to be read to be believed and is the author of such famous quotes as "Goddamn my navel itches!", "Stare deep into the spooky depths of my crotch!", and "Hokey pokey avec moi! Hokey pokey you shitting penal fissure!"

A comic drawn by Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. As he puts it, it's very popular by the homeless who are insane, only they seem to have the comics.

It is in black and white, drawn only in pen, but really really scribbled. Happy Noodle Boy is a stick figure with a big frowny head and a single hair. He runs around screaming incoherent quasi-obscenities and making havoc.

To those who don't grasp the subtle, Jhonen Vasquez writes comics for a living. He says not killing people is one of his inhibitions. His character, JTHM is a comic strip writer, and is obsessed with killing people.

Obviously, there is a connection, meaning writing this is an outlet for the author. For example, some stuff like meeting a crazed goth fan.

This comic-with-a-comic, HNB, is much less coherent, even though the rest of the comic JTHM is pretty articulate, though if you read this stuff, you'll know how disturbed Jhonen Vasquez must be.

If you like Happy Noodle Boy, you could check out The Bad Art Collection

Unofficial name for the cute smiley-faced kid that appears on all Maruchan products. His perky smile and pleasant disposition encourage me to purchase Maruchan instant noodle products, including their entire line of ramen products.

Jhonen Vasquez's (or should I say Johnny C.'s?) Happy Noodle Boy is a terrific character that is, at some times, more funny than the story it is inserted into. Every Noodle Boy comic deserves a good laugh, and usually gets one. The genius of the Noodle Boy is that there is NO plot at all, and none of the lines that he says are related to each other in the least bit.

Here are some notable things that have come out of the Noodle Boy's mouth-hole:

"Hey, dog entity! Rise up and bare your biscut filthy fangs at the oppressive leash wielding demon!! Goddamn my navel itches!! "

"Conspiracy!! And now employing juvenile mongoloid demon babies!! My famous chicken recipe will never be yours!! Grr! Woof!"

"Those kids are after me lucky charms!! Must get to my car and escape! Shit! Speed lines are chasing me!!"

"Cease your barky noise making!! Join my legion of darkness, my frown face empire!!"

"Go forth and become a happy cabbage!!! Your service is complete!! Get me some fucking corn nuts!!"

"Hail lord satan and his epileptic monkey!!"

"Mock me, you fried cyclops?!?!"1

"Je suis un très grande pomme de terre!"*

"Disperse all ye fucking people!! I am now the Noodle Boy that flies!!! I am like a flying potato!!"

"End this pathetic deception! I know you're hiding martians in your head!! Gimme them martians! I am going to put butter on them!! Martians!! Grrr!!"

"Timmy's in trouble!!"

"You is my elf-ho!"

"You remember this lesson I teach you!! Use it for GOOD!!! Use it on nachos!!! Hangnail!"

"Eggy-weggy oh so bright!! Eggy weggy. . . .FFUCK YOU SATAN!! I EAT YOUR TUNA!! SIZE SIX MY ASS!!"

"You deny me freshmaker?!?!?!?!?!?"

"My baloney does have a first name!! But I don't know what it is! That fuckin' baloney!!! I hate...ack!!"

"Fizzy neck warp pisses on bumpy groin pit!! I feel like chicken tonight, you fucking pez crumb!!! Don't make me turn this car around!!! Them's crabs, Willy!"


Ah, it would be bliss to share in one of Happy Noodle Boy's intelligent conversations...


1said to a doughnut.
*I am a very large potato.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.