Classic child star of beloved film favorites such as "Pollyanna" and "The Parent Trap." Hayley Catherine Rose Vivien Mills was born on April 18, 1946 in London, England. She is the daughter of award-winning actor Sir John Mills and writer Mary Hayley Ball, and has an older sister, Juliet, and younger brother, Jonathan.

Hayley spent her childhood on a 400-acre dairy farm in Sussex, England. She made her acting debut in 1959 in "Tiger Bay," a film in which her father played the lead role. For this movie she ended up winning an award at the Berlin Film Festival. This led to her signing a 5-year contract with Disney.

During the 1960s, Hayley became an extremely popular child star, and movies she did at this time included "Pollyanna," "Whistle Down the Wind," "In Search of the Castaways" and "Summer Magic." In 1966 she starred in "The Trouble With Angels," where she drank and smoked, and followed this up with a nude scene in a film called "The Family Way." This, along with a publicized love affair with director Roy Boulting (32 years her senior) changed her image drastically.

She and Boulting married in 1971 and they had a son, Crispian Mills, in 1973- who later became the lead singer in the group Kula Shaker (of which he is no longer with). Hayley and her husband divorced in 1977. Hayley had a long relationship with actor Leigh Lawson during the late 70s and early 80s, and they had a son named Jason. Sometime after that relationship ended she had a long-term relationship with a musician, Marcus Maclaine, who was also her brother-in-law. They split in 1996. These days Hayley is involved in many theater performances in New York. Credits on stage include "The King and I," "Noel Coward's Suite in 2 Keys," and "A Little Night Music."

Help for this node came from seedship.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.