Helen Lovejoy is a secondary character on The Simpsons. She is the wife of Rev. Timothy Lovejoy and the mother of Jessica Lovejoy. She doesn't have many major effects on the city of Springfield and its residents as she is a secondary character in every sense of the word.

Helen's catchphrase is "Will someone please think of the children!", or a variation thereof. She usually uses it when problems that she believes could potentially damage Springfield's young ones arise.

Mrs. Lovejoy's other trademark is her love of gossip. She takes pleasure in spreading stories about her fellow Springfieldians and working to force her values and morals on others. Helen considers gossip to be a worthy use of her time. Reverend Lovejoy often attempts to thwart her attempts to spread gossip, but she often asserts that she has the right to do so.

Helen is most often seen wearing a pink (or sometimes orange) sweater and a blue skirt. She, along with her husband and the Flanders', is part of the Holy Rollers bowling team. Helen was part of the women's group that attempted to have Michelangelo's David banned from Springfield due to what they perceived as indecency.

Helen Lovejoy was voiced by Maggie Roswell. Her contract dispute with Fox led to her departure from the series (and the death of Maude Flanders, another of her characters), until the dispute was eventually settled and Roswell returned to voice Helen.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.