Acacia, Acorn, African violet, Agrimony, Aloe, Alyssum, Angelica, Anise, Arrowroot, Asafoetida, Ash, Balm of Gilead, Basil, Bay, Birch, Blackberry, Bladderwrack, Blueberry, Boneset, Bromeliad, Broom, Burdock, Cactus, Calamus, Caraway, Carnation, Cedar, Chamomile, Chrysanthemum, Cinnamon, Cinquefoil, Clove, Clover, Cotton, Cumin, Curry, Cypress, Datura, Dill, Dogwood, Dragon's blood, Elder, Elecampane, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Feverwort, Flax, Fleabane, Foxglove, Frankincense, Galangal, Garlic, Geranium, Ginseng, Grass, Hazel, Heather, Holly, Honeysuckle, Horehound, Hyacinth, Hyssop, Irish Moss, Ivy, Juniper, Lady's slipper, Larkspur, Lavender, Lilac, Lily, Linden, Lotus, Lucky hand, Mallow, Mandrake, Marigold, Mimosa, Mint, Mistletoe, Mugwort, Mulberry, Mullein, Mustard, Myrrh, Nettle, Oak, Olive, Onion, Parsley, Pennyroyal, Peony, Pepper, Periwinkle, Pine, Plantain, Primrose, Quince, Radish, Raspberry, Rattlesnake root, Rhubarb, Rice, Rose, Rosemary, Rowan, Rue, Sage, Sandalwood, Snapdragon, Southernwood, Spanish moss, Sweet woodruff, St. John's wort, Thistle, Tulip, Valerian, Vervain, Violet, Willow, Wintergreen, Witch Hazel, Wolfsbane, Wormwood, Wood betony, and Yucca.

Magickal suggestions for protection:

Take some red, white, blue, and silver craft strings, and mix them with any mixture of the above herbs that you like. Cut the pieces of the strings into a small jar and every time you drop one in, envision the aura of protection around the jar growing. When it's satisfactorily full, close the jar tightly and walk around the perimeters of your home with it, making sure to pay close attention to the windows as well. Leave the jar by a window or main entrance to protect your home.

-OR-

To protect a prized possession or information (like a journal) from the prying hands and eyes of others, try this. Soak a piece of white yarn or string in a solution made from onion salt and olive oil, and some purified water. Take the white yarn after it's dried and tie it around your possession. This can be left on the possession or taken off and kept in your possession. If you'd like, while the string is tied around the object, you can fashion an energy "lock" on it just by envisioning it, and envisioning yourself with the key. You can objectify these locks and keys any way you like, with any material, which if done right should repel people who are just curious from being nosey around your stuff.

-OR-

To protect yourself or a loved one when going into a dangerous situation, carry a sachet of rowan leaves. These can be inked or otherwise stamped with initials of loved ones, or stitched together in any symbolism desired. Also, lavender oil dabbed behind the ears every day is a good protection from everyday illness and unluckiness.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.