Hi. My name is Joe. I've got a wife and three kids. I work in a button factory. One day my boss came by and said, "Joe, are ya busy?" I said, "No!" He said, "Push the buttons with your right hand."

Hi. My name is Joe. I've got a wife and three kids. I work in a button factory. One day my boss came by and said, "Joe, are ya busy?" I said, "No!" He said, "Push the buttons with your left hand."

Hi. My name is Joe. I've got a wife and three kids. I work in a button factory. One day my boss came by and said, "Joe, are ya busy?" I said, "No!" He said, "Push the buttons with your right foot."

Hi. My name is Joe. I've got a wife and three kids. I work in a button factory. One day my boss came by and said, "Joe, are ya busy?" I said, "No!" He said, "Push the buttons with your left foot."

Hi. My name is Joe. I've got a wife and three kids. I work in a button factory. One day my boss came by and said, "Joe, are ya busy?" I said, "No!" He said, "Push the buttons with your head."

Hi. My name is Joe. I've got a wife and three kids. I work in a button factory. One day my boss came by and said, "Joe, are ya busy?" I said, "YES!"

-----------------------------------------

For those unfamiliar, this is a rhyme or verbal game that many children in at least the United States are subjected to at a fairly young age. It is recited, of course, along with pantomimes of the actions described so that by the end of it all of those involved are struggling to move all four limbs and their head while talking. Children are generally amused to no end by the simple game.

I've been informed by shimmer that this is sung at Scouts, Brownies, and Guides in the UK. Various people have also noted that it is sometimes begun with "hello" instead of "hi," and some versions have the boss asking, "Hey Joe, are ya busy?"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.