The Hide Away Bed and Breakfast Inn is located in a huge 1930s-era country manor located just outside the tiny north-central Ohio town of Bucyrus. The inn is about one hour away from Columbus (just head north on Route 23) and not quite two hours from Cleveland.

Like many stateside B&B's, rooms are on the expensive side ($80-$200 per room per night, depending on the accomodations) but they regularly offer special packages through their website at http://www.hideawayinn.com.

However, if you want a really nice weekend, the expense is worth it. The rooms, antique furnishings, etc. are excellent; some rooms come with amenities like private jacuzzis and fireplaces. A night's stay generally gets you a home-cooked dinner and a very substantial home-cooked breakfast in addition to the room. You'll also have the use of the common areas of the manor, including the game room/den, a TV room with a fridge stocked with late-night snacks, and (in the summer) a swimming pool.

Don't be late checking in if you can help it, or their cook will have gone home and you'll have to get dinner in Bucyrus. That means you'll have to make do with fast food or a middling dinner at the local Chinese restaurant.

I stayed in the "Inventor's Room", which features a king-sized feather bed that was amazing. It envelopes your body in softness and I had the best night's sleep I'd had in a long time. The other people in the inn that night were a newlywed couple in one of the jacuzzi suites. As I didn't hear anything from them, I can only presume that the walls are thick.

However, if you get this room, resist the urge to take a running leap onto the bed. The bed can take it. However, the hardwood floors are well-waxed, and the force of your landing on said bed will send it (and you) sailing into the nearest sturdy wall.

The inn is run by a woman named Debbie Miller and her husband. It is located at 1601 State Route 4. Bucyrus, Ohio 44820. Their toll-free number is 1-800-570-8233.

In short, this inn is a great place to spend a romantic weekend or to work on that Great American Novel while you take in the bucolic sights of rural central Ohio.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.