This is an interesting concept. In heterosexuals, virginity comes to an end upon the first complete act of sex with an opposite sex partner. Even this may not be a black and white line that is crossed, as what constitutes the act of sex is generally up to interpretation. Even as the interpretations may differ, the constant that remains is a sexual act between two members of the OPPOSITE SEX.

In homosexual sex, what determines the end of virginity? If you've never had sex with a member of the opposite sex, does that mean you're still a virgin? Or do you have to perform a specific sexual act with a sexual partner to lose your virginity? Time to propose an official act that indicates the end of both heterosexual and homosexual virginity: deriving physical sexual pleasure as a direct result of the actions of your partner.

Alternatively, a subdivision of virginity. One who is virgin is one who, in general, has not had sex. One who is homosexually virgin is one who has not had sex with members of the same sex, while one who is heterosexually virgin is one who has not had sex with members of the opposite sex. These terms could be particularly useful when conversing about bisexuals or experimentally-inclined hetero/homo-sexuals.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.