Beware of the use of the word honestly.

A small innocent slip of the word can land you in deep trouble. "Honestly, I didn't!" automatically puts you under suspicion for anything you deny hence forth.

The problem is similar to the phenomen many people experience near customs, antitheft devices, or basically in any situation where you know you're innocent, but are confronted with the element of suspicion. Remember being in school, the principle yelling and every kid except the culprit being sick to the bone for fear of getting caught?

In short, it is better to leave out the word honestly when trying to convince someone. Having to specifically mention you were honest does wonders to ruin the credibility of all other sentences.

Just deny everything.

Me and the weight of the world, fifteen, sixteen years old. Life folding in around me, moving across the country and other things even well adjusted kids have trouble with. It doesn't matter how old you are, each phase of life has its own problems and each set in turn seems phenomenally greater at the time than it will years later. From crayon thieves to first loves and the way only a teenage heart can break. There are always people we turn to these times, people or things, in my case, in many - music.

Growing up. You're in your early to mid twenties and realizing the things life can give you, that there will be many people who come and go in your life. You start to gain a perspective on the world and sometimes, you are even hopeful.

The music you listened to those times you knew no one had any clue how you felt, the voices and words that brought you back from screaming inside and out. Many of these musicians were people who faded out with your angst, you haven't and probably never hear of them again - aside from the times you haul out the old collection and try to feel it all over again.

Every now and then, there are the ones that follow you. They are the ones that resurface years later when you are past so much of it and you figure something out - they are getting past it, too. The music they play for you is hopeful. It's still dark, sometimes, nothing is easier - but there is something there for you, if only in the fact that if someone else who obviously felt the way you did at one point in time or another has found something to live and breathe for.. well, maybe there is something here for you, after all.

This is what Billy Corgan has done for me, first with the pumpkins and now, with Zwan. It's still almost silly to hear him like this, to think that maybe, despite all the screaming and the tears, all the breakdowns and fear - we just might make it.


i believe
i believe
i believe

i believe the love you talk about with me
is it true, do i care?
honestly, you can try to wipe the memories aside
but it's you that you erase

'cause there's no place that i could be without you
it's too far to discard the life i once knew
honestly, all the weather storms i bring
are just a picture of my needs
'cause when i think of you as mine
and allow myself with time
to lead into the life we want
i feel loved, honestly

i believe you mean the best that life can bring
i believe in it all
honestly, you can try
your heart is just as long as mine
is it ours to let go?

'cause there's no place that i could be without you
it's too dark to discard the life i once knew
honestly, a single wrong is not enough
to cover up the pain in us
'cause when i think of you as mine
and allow myself the time
to lead into the life we want
i feel loved, honestly
i'll make a joke so you must laugh
i'll break your heart so you must ask
is this the way to get us back
i don't know, honestly
i don't know, this honestly

there's no place that i could be without you
honestly

- Zwan, Mary Star of the Sea -



If you have any lyrical corrections, please feel free.. it was literally impossible to find two sites with the same info, so this is my best interpretation.

Hon"est*ly (?), adv.

1.

Honorably; becomingly; decently.

[Obs.]

Chaucer.

2.

In an honest manner; as, a contract honestly made; to live honestly; to speak honestly.

Shak.

To come honestly by. (a) To get honestly. (b) A circumlocution for to inherit; as, to come honestly by a feature, a mental trait, a peculiarity.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.