Honey Mustard Chicken takes about ten minutes to prepare and thirty minutes cooking time. Quite often I'll find Number Two Son waving this recipe under my nose for dinner. He likes this with green beans.Pound for pound, whole chicken is cheaper that cut up pieces, but you can still save money buying cut up chicken in large portions or family packs. Simply divide chicken into recipe size servings and freeze until needed. While your at the store be sure to pick up an orange and some fresh dill. Have on hand honey and Dijon mustard.

Ingredients

    1/3 Cup Dijon Mustard
    1/3 Cup Honey
    2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Dill or 1 Tablespoon Dried Dill
    1 Teaspoon freshly grated Orange Peel
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Mix the mustard and honey in a small bowl. Stir in dill and orange peel. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place the chicken skin side down. Brush sauce on top of chicken coating well. Turn the chicken over and gently pull back the skin and brush meat with the sauce. Gently pull the skin back over the sauce. Brush skin with the remaining sauce. Bake until the juices run clear when the thickest portion is pierced with a knife. About 30 minutes. Serves 4.

Helpful hints:

You can make the honey mustard sauce ahead and it will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week. For a quicker cooking time, use skinless chicken breasts. Broil chicken turning once, until no longer pink, about 15 minutes. To measure the honey with less muss and fuss, spray the measuring cup with vegetable cooking spray so the honey won't stick to the cup. I forgot to pick up an orange once and substituted two tablespoons of orange marmalade in the sauce. It came put so good I cook it sometimes as a tangy variation. Delicious served over rice with asparagus!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.