Transforms from 4-WD vehicle to robot and back!

AUTOBOT: HOUND

FUNCTION: SCOUT
"Observe everything, remember even more."

HOUND loves the natural wonders of Earth, prefers it to Cybertron. Brave, fearless, loyal. Secretly desires to be human. Uses turret gun as radar scope, infrared radiation collector. Tracks machines as well as humans. Hologram gun projects 3-dimensional grid laser-light topographical maps. Vulnerable to thermal and electromagnetic interference.

  • Strength: 5
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Speed: 5
  • Endurance: 7
  • Rank: 6
  • Courage: 10
  • Firepower: 3
  • Skill: 9
Transformers Tech Specs


Hound was an excellent-looking military Jeep, completely decked out with Army decals and a mounted machine gun in the rear, who transformed into one of the sharper-looking robots of the first year line. He got a good amount of airtime in the first few episodes; he probably deserved more.

Dog Breed Categories
Herding Dog : Hound : Non-Sporting Dog : Sporting Dog : Terrier : Toy Dog : Working Dog

Originally, the word hound came from the German word hund, meaning dog. Now, hounds are one of the seven dog breed categories. This group was bred to aid hunters. Unlike gun dogs who were only bred to find, move, or retrieve animals; hounds actually pursue and catch their quarry.

This group of dogs can further be broken down into:

  • Sighthounds - Pursue their prey primarily by sight. These dogs tend to be tall and lean, and run extremely fast.
  • Scenthounds - Pursue their prey primarily by smell. These dogs are usually stockier than their sighthound cousins.

Of course, some hounds use a combination of sight and smell, but all of them have a predisposition for independent pursuit of mammals from rabbits and foxes to deer and elk. Law enforcement officials commonly use scenthounds when searching for missing people or criminals. Hunters must be prepared to allow the dog to lead since they were bred to do their own thing rather than wait for commands from their human masters. This is not to say that hounds cannot be trained - they are very intelligent and loyal dogs. They need a lot of play and exercise, and traditionally do not make good city dogs since they need space to run rather than be tethered by a leash. Hounds are also known for baying. They instinctually produce this loud and distinct noise, which can be troublesome for owners who are not prepared to deal with it. The baying of some dogs can literally be heard for miles, and was originally useful for hunters to track the location of their dogs.

Hound Breeds

Some Famous Hounds

Search for more writeups about hounds


<< Back to Dog breed categories

Hound (?), n. [OE. hound, hund, dog, AS. hund; akin to OS. & OFries. hund, D. hond, G. hund, OHG. hunt, Icel. hundr, Dan. & Sw. hund, Goth. hunds, and prob. to Lith. sz, Ir. & Gael. cu, L. canis, Gr. , , Skr. ssvan. &root;229. Cf. Canine, Cynic, Kennel.]

1. Zool.

A variety of the domestic dog, usually having large, drooping ears, esp. one which hunts game by scent, as the foxhound, bloodhound, deerhound, but also used for various breeds of fleet hunting dogs, as the greyhound, boarhound, etc.

Hounds and greyhounds, mongrels, spaniels, curs. Shak.

2.

A despicable person.

"Boy! false hound!"

Shak.

3. Zool.

A houndfish.

4. pl. Naut.

Projections at the masthead, serving as a support for the trestletrees and top to rest on.

5.

A side bar used to strengthen portions of the running gear of a vehicle.

To follow the hounds, to hunt with hounds.

 

© Webster 1913.


Hound, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Hounded; p. pr. & vb. n. Hounding.]

1.

To set on the chase; to incite to pursuit; as, to hounda dog at a hare; to hound on pursuers.

Abp. Bramhall.

2.

To hunt or chase with hounds, or as with hounds.

L'Estrange.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.