First off, don't use proper tools. Don't plan ahead, and never, ever, have enough time to do it right. Preferably, you should end up with extra bits. If you have an extra IDE cable, you get bonus points.

Now for the anecdote:

In the comp lab at my high school, we have a very nice computer for a school. It's a pentium II or somesuch. Anyway, it has a problem. The power button is broken. To fix this, they rewired it so that reset button is now the power button. Confusing, no?

Anyway a friend of mine decided to fix it, by reattaching the power button, unaware that the power button was broken.

So, he started by trying to open the case. He didn't have a screwdriver. Luckily, we found two: the death screwdriver, and an advanced screwdriver. We used the advanced screwdriver.

Unfortunately, this particular computer was a bit odd, as you could remove either side. He removed the wrong side, the one to which the motherboard was attached.

He managed to disconnect everything inside the computer in about 2 seconds.

At this moment, the school bell rang, informing us that we had to catch a bus.

This presented him with a problem. How to reassemble a computer in 30 seconds?

I knew how.

Don't.

We replaced the sides of the computer, placed the excess parts on top of it, and split.

What was odd was hearing my computer teacher freak out about it the next day.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.