I've done it, you've done it, we're all guilty. One minute everything's great and the next you can't find your phone or go to sleep because the only clock with an alarm in your house happens to have a keypad on it and without the *#%& thing there's no way you're getting up to go to work on time tomorrow morning.

If it's 2 o'clock in the morning you can't email your friends to ask them to call you so that you can find your phone and it would be lame even if you could. With so many people having just one cell phone and no landline this can be a serious problem. What to do?

It's simple! There are websites on the internet that send free faxes over the web. Don't go for the sleazy ones that ask for your credit card "for verification purposes" or some other nonsense. Some will send a free fax just for giving them your (disposable Yahoo) email address.

So here's what you do. Go to the site, cook up some fake fax, give them your "fax" number which is really the obnoxious cell phone hiding under your bed. Give it about two minutes and listen for the vibrate mode. You probably won't be able to hear the phone ringtone if it's buried under a pile of stuff but vibrations carry pretty well through clothes, papers, dead bodies, and other bachelor pad junk.

Some of the free web fax services will want you to confirm the email before sending the fax, so be sure to check again in a few minutes and click on the confirmation link or your phone will never ring.

Good luck!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.