Most of the real gun goodies that one might want to acquire will be classified under BATF Class III. This includes items such as Short Barreled Rifles, Short Barreled Shotguns, Flash Suppressors and select fire capable firearms. If they have not changed the laws on this since 9/11, destructive devices are also classified as Class III.

Step by step guide to acquiring a Class III item:

  1. Buyer must be at least 21 years of age and must have no felonies, violent misdemeanors, or dishonorable discharges.
  2. Pay your FFL dealer for the price of desired item.
  3. Have two 2"x2" passport photographs taken and attach one each to the two copies of fully accomplished BATF Form 4, this will be supplied by your FFL dealer.
  4. When asked for a reason why you want to acquire indicated item, just put "Firearms Collector" or something equally appropriate. "Trenchcoat Mafia" is not appropriate.
  5. Bring the BATF Form 4 along with a FBI fingerprint Form FD-258 to your local law enforcement agency and have them fill it up, accomplish fingerprinting, and sign it. This is just to ascertain that you are not wanted by the local law agency and no laws will be broken by your acquisition of indicated item.
  6. Return accomplished forms to your FFL dealer and make out a money order or cheque to the BATF amounting to US$5 for "any other item" or US$200 for Flash Suppressors, Short Barreled Rifles, Short Barreled Shotguns or Machineguns (select fire capable firearms). These documents will then be sent by your FFL dealer to the BATF where they will conduct an FBI background check.
  7. If all things go well, the BATF will send back a certified copy of the Form 4 that now has the tax stamp indicating that the tax transfer has been paid.
  8. Pick up your item from FFL dealer where they will ask you to accomplish a BATF Form 4473 and then give you your shiny new gun along with the Form 4.
  9. Make copies of the Form 4 and make sure it is with you at all times you have your new Class III item.

Whew!

And the gun grabbers say it is so easy to get a machinegun?

Yes, this is the same BATF that committed the unspeakable horrors of Ruby Ridge and that Waco incident with the Branch Davidians.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.