To create tear gas in your own home, follow these simple instructions!

You will need:

To make tear gas, take your frying pan and place it on the largest burner on the stove, setting the burner to "HIGH". Put three or four tablespoons of vegetable oil in the pan, and let it heat. When the oil is boiling hot -- test this by dashing a little cayenne pepper into the oil and listening for a crackling sound -- shake a large amount of cayenne pepper into the oil -- at least three teaspoons. Mix the pepper thoroughly into the oil.

Get distracted. Leave the stove for a few minutes. Return when you smell something burning.

By now the oil should be beginning to vaporize, emitting a thin cloud of acrid smoke. You are almost ready for the final step in creating home-made tear gas! Simply take the pan off the burner (turning the burner off at this time), place it in your empty sink, and spray cold water into the pan. The water will vaporize on contact with the hot pan, taking the cayenne pepper with it, causing a huge, thick cloud of water vapor and pepper gas to explode in your face. This cloud will quickly expand to fill your home.

Containment and bottling of the tear gas is left as an exercise for the user.

Yes, I did this. Accidentally. I had to stay on the balcony of my apartment for several hours, with all the windows and doors open, until the gas cleared.

The above mentioned mix isn't Teargas (Often denoted as CN or CS) per se, but a close approximation of pepper spray, based on OC Oleoresencapsaicin.

The stuff in peppers that makes them hot? Thats Capsaicin. The more of it in a substance, the more effect it has. OC is a form of this, purified and mixed into a carrier. A possible OC spray could be synthesised as follows:

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME, FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

Pick up some sort of hellishly hot sauce, the kind with a warning label, such as Blair's or Dave's Insanity Sauce. Mix it with some canola oil, place into a small squirt gun or bottle. Protect the bloody thing from leaking. An absolutely hellish time for anybody who attacks you and gets this in the face.

ONCE AGAIN, DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS,THIS EXPERIMENT WAS DONE ONCE ONLY BY PROFESSIONAL IDIOTS

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.