Huckleberry Hound voiced by Daws Butler
air date: 1958 - 1962
Production Co.: Hanna Barbera

This show was the one to put Hannah and Barbera on the road to success. It had several segments. They were "Huckleberry Hound", "The Yogi Bear Show", "Pixie and Dixie", and "Hokey Wolf".

This was the first cartoon to win an Emmy in 1960.

Huck usually does stuff around his house, like tending to the garden or painting a fence deadpanning all the while. While he does his chores, someone or something gets in his way. Throughout the episode, Huckleberry will be tring to do his business (not doo-doo), while trying to thwart who or whatever it is that is distracting him.

He had to share screen time with the Yogi Bear, Huckleberry but he has still managed to build up loyal fans throughout the decades.

After Yogi left for his own self-titled show, another character named Hokey Wolf was added to the The Huckleberry Hound Show. Hokey's main joy in life was to coax free meals out of the clueless, which he seemed to do with ease.

A battle of wits was also the focus of another segment, Pixie and Dixie, which showcased the ongoing struggle of two mice trying to outmaneuver Mr. Jinks the cat, who, incidentally, hated “meeces to pieces.” Jinks, however, proved to be so loveable that he often won a few rounds against the mischievous "meeces."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.