An Algorithm

  1. Problem-Solve: If feasible, troubleshoot. Not feasible? Shoot the trouble.

  2. Linux Box & Slow Internet Connection: S-l-o-w internet frustrates, especially when attempting to connect with others. Try these to improve performance:

    • Disable Wi-Fi Power Management: Many settings can affect network speed. You can disable Wi-Fi power management directly by editing the configuration file: Change the value from 3 to 2, save and reboot.

    • Check Additional Drivers: Open “Additional Drivers.” Look for the Wireless Network Adapter driver’s entry. Ensure that the option “Do not use this device” is not selected. Otherwise, use the specific one for your adapter1.

    • Update Your Kernel: Kernel updates can impact network performance. Consider updating your kernel to a version that works well with your hardware. Or at least consider things to put on your desk to look at while you wait for your slow connection.

    Buckle your shoe.

  3. Friends & Love: It’s challenging when the feelings of love and connection aren’t reciprocated. Everyone perceives emotions differently, and sometimes it takes time to recognize the love offered. Be patient and be your authentic self. True connections often develop gradually. Learn all of the five love languages, or a romance language or two. Become a polyglot of desire.

  4. Self-Care: While waiting for external validation, focus on self-love. Treat yourself kindly, engage in activities that bring you joy, and appreciate your worth. Sometimes, the love bursting within us needs to be directed inward first. Take a shower, or a bubble bath. Any bubbles, really. Can't hurt, and just might help. Shut the door.

  5. Cultivate Gratitude: Reflect on the positives in your life and what you're grateful for, even amidst challenges. Doing so shifts perspective and fosters resilience for difficult times. Redefine success.

  6. Vote: Vote early, vote often. Pick up sticks.

Lather, rinse, repeat until desired results are achieved.

300

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.