Within the past week I attended my last classes, finished my final projects, participated in my last critiques (they went well) and got high for the last time with that handful of people I associate with only in the context of smoking bud between classes at school. Then, just a few days ago, I sat in ridiculous traditional garb through a 5 hour ceremony and received my diploma in front of my entire extended family and many strangers, thus marking the end of my 6 year bout as a student of higher education.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to come off as entirely nonchalant about this whole thing. On the contrary, it is such a big deal and involves such a wide range of my emotions that I seem to adopt a different demeanor every time I ponder the situation. Although right now I am emitting an unaffected facade, just last night I was having a nervous breakdown. All in all, I am excited and pleased with myself, and almost ready to accept the well-paid summer internship I have been offered, and the drudgery of 9-5 ass-kissing that goes along with it. Three months of such I can handle, after that I am out of there and moving to Sydney.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.