I don't believe in God
I don't believe that there is some form of deity up there watching over us. I don't believe that this universe all makes sense in their grand master plan. As Nietzsche said "God is dead" and everything is chaotic and absurd. I like it this way.


I don't believe in Love
Of course I believe it exists, I have experienced it. I just dont believe that there is anything particularly special about it. It is simply a physiological and psychological process within the body. It brings happiness and often it brings pain. It doesn't mean anything. In the words of shapiro 'You might as well believe in the gag reflex'.


I don't believe in the sanctity of human life
Have you ever experienced cognitive dissonance when you hear about a terrible tragic death on the news and think something like "tsk tsk thats awful. Hey let's order a Pizza"? People die every day. I dont know them and in the end I don't care. The importance of their lives is entirely subjective as is everything in this postmodern world. sad but true.And not even that.


I don't believe in right and wrong
There is nothing universal about moral codes. The definition of Right and wrong changes with time, culture and each individual. We abhor now what was perfectly acceptable last century or even last decade. I do not consider that any one else's idea of right and wrong has any greater validity than my own. And my idea of them is that they are meaningless concepts. (As a side note - this is what I think American Psycho is about, the book at any rate.)


I am amused, confused and somewhat mystified by people who do believe in these things.



PPS I don't usually act as the above non-beliefs might suggest. All Nihilists are hypocrites.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.