I want to share a few things with you all. Just some bright things that hopefully make your day a bit happier. This is not supposed to be poetry, nor is it supposed to look like it.

I have a friend

I have a friend. With him, I feel myself immortal.

With him I feel happiness.
With him, I feel joy.

But it's not a great thing just because he is my friend. For friendship in itself does nothing - but friendship makes it possible to do things that just leave everything else in the shadow.

He has helped me up from the swamps of sorrow,
and helped me to stand where I am,
Helped me to get myself to climb up to the ledge
when I couldn't find the foothold.

There is no greater thing in the world than to share the joy and share the grief.
There is no greater thing in the world than to give a nice warm hug to someone who truly deserves it.
There is no greater thing in the world than to weep the sadness away, knowing at least someone cares.

In short:
There is no greater thing in the whole big world than friendship and love.

Without him, I feel fear. Not fear of being alone, but fear that I can't feel.

For what use is a feeling if there is no one to share it with?

It is no use to win a competition if you're the only contestant - and a loss of everything is the end of everything.

(Dedicated to Che)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.