I will wear this dusty outer shell as a symbol of that which I have done, there where I have been, and those whom I have loved, and all those who travel along my same dusty path will know that they are not alone.

And I say to all those whose journey ended long before mine, that you will not be forgotten, and that your presence was not in vain. This journey belongs to everyone and everything and your existence shaped the direction in which our journeys will lead. I will not forget you, and I will not forget the ache which has replaced your presence in my life. This ache is mine, this ache is you, and I will not forget.

And I say to all those who journey still: don't give up. You will find what you are searching for and so will I, and one day on this long and dusty path we will all meet again in a place we remember and party like we've never partied before, with hearts that are truly free from the worry and souls that are mended like they used to be. I will not forget you as we journey separately, and I will not take you for granted as we journey together.

And to myself, the journey's not so long and so hard as you try and imagine. This dusty path holds more twists and turns than even you could imagine in your crazy melodramatic world. You cannot know which direction the wind will blow you, nor the reasons for the changes. Accept what you see and change what you can, but always remember to press forward. The journey is nothing without movement, and a stagnant adventurer has no adventure at all. I will not forget my purpose or my goal. I will not forget that which I have done, there where I have been, those whom I have loved, and I will not forget that which I will do, there where I am going, and those whom I have yet to meet.

I will not forget our dusty journey nor lose sight of our beautiful destination.

I will not lose sight of who I am and who I will become.

I will not forget.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.