INMEDIARES, then this is the Quest for you!
Acceptable Quest topics include but are by no means limited to:
- application (and explication) of the literary device of in media res (as the term is known in the absence of scriptura continua) in both traditional and film narrative
- medians: both as a concept in statistics and in urban planning
- the Equator and Prime Meridian
- facts, fiction and/or verse pertaining to midnight, midday, middle age, middle class, middle brow, middlings, mid-airs, mid-brains, mid-engines, Middle C, Mid-Atlantic, Middle England, Middle East, Middle America, Middle Earth, Mid Glamorgan, Middle Europe, midlands, Middle School, middy, middle finger, middle ear, middle man, Middlemarch, midterm, middle name—midpoints & midsections of all kinds are encouraged! (but bid you please, no midden!)
- truncated retellings of exploits by Medea (or other mythic figures)
- historical happenings involving the Middle Ages, 1500s, the ides of March, Middle Antiquity and the Middle Kingdom
- interludes, interlocutions, interjections, intersexed, interlayers, interlanguages, intercalary, intercostal, interzones, coitus interruptus of all sorts are welcome
And prizes! Special Surprise Packages will be sent out via Media Mail to all winners in these two categories: 1) the noder(s) with the median number of writeups entered into the quest 2) the noder(s) with the median MNFP within the time frame of this Quest. Also, Special Secret Categories exist which may be unlocked by those keen to the spirit of this quest.
Should another quest begin in the middle of this one, one is welcome to do both in one write-up.
Judging will be done by myself and Tem42.
Quest begins the eigthth of March and will run until the ninth of April.
Participants thus far: