Something that assists in easing the tension of an uncomfortable situation.

Street worthy thermal clothing manufactured in New Zealand from the wool of Merino sheep.

The difference between Icebreaker and normal wool thermal kit is that it does not itch, can be worn next to the skin and it doesn't smell ever, not even after a month, unlike polypropylene which takes on the wearers body odour after about a week and stays that way forever.

Maybe it is a bit disgusting to contemplate, but a friend wears hers to cycle to work in, then wears it at work (and she is a Fund Manager so needs to look snappy) and only washes it every week or two and then out of a sense of duty more than a need to do it.

The wool from the Merino sheep has very fine fibres which are about 1/4 the diameter of normal wool. This means that very light but warm garments can be made. The fibres can absorb about 1/3 their own weight in water which can then be released to the atmosphere without the wearer feeling wet and clammy.

I long for lost loves
I pine for faded romance
(an addict, some may dare to call me)
Because, my dear, that bittersweetness
When I see her again
And we reconnect, somehow
(conversations over coffee, discourse over dinner, broodings over breakfast)
On exactly thirty more levels than last time
And I'm viscerally aware that it only works
Because we did the time apart

Well-

All of it is worth the waiting
And the losing
And the loneliness

And then you want to wait a bit, because that's just how it goes

Embracing, weeping, shirtless on your bathroom floor
I couldn't tell if the steam rising from our shoulders was still just plain wet water.
And maybe it was just me
But it seemed as though the mist was an inverted aurora borealis
Like pale warm flames twisting through the air.
I wanted to study them, like a scientist
on an icebreaker ship
smashing through your frozen paths
and spending Arctic night
in the company of your magnificence.

Don't wait too long, make sure you get while the gettin's good

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.