I remember a game called Leisure Suit Larry.

They were very much like the old King's Quest games (most notably v4). They also required you to pass a test that would supposedly weed out young children, but I was able to pass it, so it obviously didn't have much function.

In Leisure Suit Larry 3, you start out on an island (a small hill). There's a quarter on the ground and a nearby pay-telescope. The logical thing to do is, of course, to pick up the quarter and go look through the telescope. You see a phenomenally large-breasted woman closing blinds in a hallway. (no, she is not wearing a top. Depending on how many quiz questions you got right in the beginning.) You walk to your nearby house and find that your wife has not only locked you out but has taken a lesbian lover. Looking through your mailbox, you find the credit card being mailed to your house (in your name!) Thinking in a fiscally responsible manner for once you take it with you, and trade it for sex on the beach with a hot (similarly large-breasted, yet surprisingly clothed, for a while anyway) girl who (as she tells you) likes shopping.

I never got further than this in the game; I was in 5th grade, so whatever bizarre plot twists came next were ones I wasn't going to figure out. However, I once watched my brother play Leisure Suit Larry 6, for about 30 minutes. In it you try to get sex in a hotel.

Leisure suit larry pretty much revolves around sex. You're larry, you're in a leisure suit, you want sex. Role-playing at its basest.

The porn industry does make games, some of which my friends and I had the good fortune to see on a recent trip to Bowlers Computer Fair in Manchester.

We'd already exhausted the entertainment possibilities of bad fake games with skewed-out-of-all-proportion GENUINE! 'stickers', bad fake consoles, pirated films with incredibly pixellated covers, hacking programs conveniently placed right next to anti-virus and firewall software that was supposed to protect you from them, and Grow Your Own Marijuana kits, so imagine the excitement when we stumbled upon such gems as **3D HENTAI!!!** (NOW MORE 3D!) and Strip Tic Tac Toe (and various others along the Strip... theme).

For some reason, all these games were rated 16+ (puzzlingly enough, although the age of consent in the UK is 16, watching pornography isn't legal until you're 18. Also, there is no 16 classification - just Uc/U, PG/PG12, 12 (now obsolete), 15 and 18). Made about as much sense as the neighbouring Japanese imports that the packaging and stallholder (after he'd stopped glaring at us in suspicion) assured us were "full-on hardcore" but still had a blurry looking 12 rating.

Or so I heard...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.