Ok people.. Here it goes..

I work in a meat department of a fairly large grocery Store (Aptly named Super Store). Anyway, today some old guy came up to me after a long day and asked if we had any sales. Now, we USED to have sales on items in the service case, just so we don't have to package them, because frankly, they wouldn't survive the weekend in the cooler. Now, the reason that we don't have these sales any longer is that one night a guy came in fairly late after one of our biggest buyers showed up and cleaned us out, and there wasn't anything left for him to buy, so he complained to the manager (poor baby). So, anyway, I told the guy, "I'm sorry sir, but we're not allowed to do the late-night sales like we used to. Someone complained."

"The Bastards," he responded, then gave me a lecture on how he raised a family of 7 kids on one paycheck and HAS to look for the deals.. yadda yadda yadda. THEN, and here's the best part, he told me that he's going to take his business to another store.

Heh.. alrighty.. Now, I'm an employee. I get paid to do something I really don't want to do. And I do all thise for a measly $7.30 an hour :P I really don't care whether you're pissed off, it's store policy, and *I* can't do anything to change it. Don't complain to me that things aren't going your way! I really don't care.

As for the "I'm going to take my business elsewhere..." Hell, I would too! Here, let my help you out the door! Would you like me to drive you to our competitors?

Now, if you're one of those people who keeps to themselves.. I love you, but if you're one of those annoying people who like to try to make someone feel bad because of something they can't change, please.. Get a life.

</rant>


jkeak: I'm 17. This isn't a career. :P

I remember when I used to work at Egghead Software back when they still had stores. We generally did not accept returns on opened software, but we would relax this rule for stuff that came on CD-ROM (this was before CD-R drives became ubiquitous). Anyway, this guy comes up in a black Mercedes convertible, pulling up to the front of the store like he owned the place instead of parking in the lot. He's got a copy of MS Bookshelf, IIRC, and wants to return it. The box was opened, I ask him why he wants to return it because we do not generally accept returns on opened software. I forget what he said, but I looked in the box and it's a CD-ROM. Cool. Looking through the box though, I notice that all the documentation, which I knew was in the box, was gone. The warranty card was also gone, and I was given explicit instructions to not accept anything if the warranty card didn't come back with it (hey, I don't make up the rules, but I was hired to follow them).

Dude just went ballistic, cursing and yelling about how we were supposed to refund his money. I stayed calm, actually feeling a bit amused that a guy in a $60,000 car could get so agitated over software that didn't even cost a hundred bucks. He says to me "Jill would have taken this software back!" (Jill was the assistant manager) I reply, "Jill isn't here right now, but if you come back Monday, she'll be in at 9:00." We get into it some more, I tell him I'm not allowed to take the software back. He says "Maybe you need some more training!" I say, "Perhaps so sir, but the meager training I have has indicated I cannot take this software." The sarcasm irritated him a bit more. Finally, he says, "Well it appears we're at an impasse!" To which I finally say, "No sir, an impasse is when neither of us gets what we want. You want to return this software and get your money back. I'm not going to take the software or give you any money. Therefore, I win." He stormed out cursing. The other people in the store said they couldn't believe I stayed so calm and never raised my voice.

I say, let them complain. Screw with them and tick them off for your own pleasure.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.