The last studio album released by Led Zeppelin while John Bonham was still alive. Synthesizer-heavy, especially the ten-and-a-half-minute centerpiece, "Carouselambra". With its theremin-laced "In The Evening", piano-romp "South Bound Saurez", and country number "Hot Dog", "In Through The Out Door" was quite a different album that all of the band's previous efforts. The album's cover featured one of six different angles of a scene of a man in a white suit and hat at a bar, and was wrapped in brown paper, stamped with the band's name, the album name, and a track listing.

Track Listing:

  • In The Evening
  • South Bound Saurez
  • Fool In The Rain
  • Hot Dog
  • Carouselambra
  • All My Love
  • I'm Gonna Crawl

    "In Through The Out Door" was released on August 15, 1979 on the Swan Song label, and was produced by Jimmy Page.

  • Another couple interesting facts about the LP itself is that the inner sleeve featured a bar scene: a dirty ashtray, some pumpkin seeds, water rings from glasses on the top of a bar... the cool thing is that it was paint with water. Just like the staple bound books with pictures of Scooby Doo that you used to "paint" when you were just a squirt.

    It was released in a brown bag as a direct message to critics, who had accused the band of being able to sell records only on the basis of their name. The band released it in brown paper to prove that even without mass marketing, the album would sell.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.