The Inner City Posse was a Detroit-area gang that had a few members that rapped on the side. The ICP had three releases, Basement Cuts, Intelligence and Violence and Dog Beats. The members of the ICP that rapped were Violent J, 2 Dope, and John Kickchass(2 Dope's brother). Violent J and 2 Dope went on to form the Insane Clown Posse while recording an album called Gangsta Codes. Halfway through the recording of this album, John quit the group and 2 Dope and J went from gangsta rap to a clownified form of horrorcore. A good portion of the former members of the Inner City Posse gang now work as employees of Psychopathic Records, the label of Twiztid, the Insane Clown Posse, Blaze Ya Dead Homie, and others.

Track listings:
Basement Cuts: Intro, Set It Off, Locked Down, Play That Hoe, Insane, Unarmed, Crime Pays, Shout Outs

Intelligence and Violence: Intro, Intelligence and Violence, Wizard of Delray, Violent J's Tha Mack, Gangsta Codes, Interlude, Gangsta Times, Something to Say, Violent Crimes, D Day

Dog Beats: Dog Beats, Ghetto Zone, Life at Risk

The album Dog Beats was reissued at the 2000 Gathering of the Juggalos. Basement Cuts was re-issued at the 2001 Gathering. The track Dog Beats also appeared on the Insane Clown Posse album Forgotten Freshness, on disk 2, IIRC. The Wizard of Delray track was remade for the original Insane Clown Posse album Carnival of Carnage.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.