Iron Noder 2010: The Results
At last, another year, another November, another gigantic pile of writeups written and shoved out the airlock into the nodegel. Now it's December, and everyone's wondering who gets what! There's even a few things worth noting this year as compared to the previous two.

THE ÜBERNODER: The most writeups posted
Reward: A grand total of 4040 GP, bragging rights, and a set of fine silk monogrammed handkerchiefs

While not setting any records for speed or total writeups posted, cassparadox still lead the pack out the gate, reaching IRON NODER status well before anyone else and maintaining a lead of at least six nodes at all times.

THE IRON NODERS: 30+ Writeups Reward: A grand total of at least 3200 GP (or more depending on total writeup count) and an iron paperweight shaped like a bust of Cool Man Eddie doing GUN FINGAAAHS

No one here had to really scramble at the last minute to fill the required number, in a pleasant twist. This also marks The Custodian's and Glowing Fish's third successful IRON NODER in a row!

THE BRONZE POG SLAMMER NODERS: 20-29 Writeups
Reward: Between 800 GP and 1000 GP each and a souvenir black t-shirt silkscreened with a badass wizard-dragon-wolf howl-casting a fireball spell at a yellow skull moon

Both Hazelnut and Dr.Jimmy maintained a pretty steady noding rate, but ultimately fell short just before the deadline. One can only presume the deadline snuck up on them without warning.

THE ALUMINUM HEAT SINK NODERS: 10-19 Writeups
Reward: A sum of GP no fewer than 400 and no more than 700 in total and an empty sports bottle embossed with a poor imitation of the Everything2 logo

All of the noders in this group managed to post at least two or three times a week, representing a marked increase in rate. All very respectable contributions.

THE DISPOSABLE BAKING TRAY NODERS: 1-9 Writeups
Reward: Between 40 and 360 GP each and a complimentary Chinese bootleg Swatch in one of ten colors

Everyone here gave it at least a shot, which in the end is what this quest is for. In a least a couple cases, noders who hadn't posted in a rather long time found the time to help contribute.

THE LEFTOVER BIRTHDAY CREPE PAPER STREAMER NODERS: 0 Nodes
Reward: A wistful sigh and quiet murmurs about amounting to something someday

These noders participated but failed to post a node, any node, during the month. Let us hope that they will do better in the future.

BONUS ROUND NODERS: Posted a writeup to December 24, 2012
Reward: 100 GP each and a coffee mug embossed with a fanciful owl

Each of these noders made sure to add a node to December 24, 2012 as part of a special BONUS ROUND contribution. The idea with the BONUS ROUND nodeshell was to take a potentially interesting 'shell and see how many people we could get to pile onto it over the whole month, leaving an interesting slice of the quest behind for future noders.

Statistics!
713 writeups were posted this month, of which 627 were IRON NODES. The total number of participants fluctuated a lot this year, starting at 36 and moving between 35 and 38, where it finally ended up.

Everyone who posted this year deserves at least a small token of appreciation, even if you weren't an IRON NODER participant. Post nodes! Keep the nodegel turning over! You only get out of E2 what you're willing to put inside it.

Great work, and see you again next year!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.